Starting a small business blog
Blogging is one of the most important forms of communication in the world today. It is amazing to see just how quickly bloggs grew from a small, localized phenomenon to an international communication network. Millions of people from many different walks of life write and read bloggs in many different languages. Althoug many bloggs are simply for personal use, small businesses are starting to capitalize on the new trends in communication. With so many impersonal competitive corporations out there business doesn't seem very human anymore. People like small businesses because they have that human touch that they can't find anywhere. They also feel that they get much better personal service with a small business. They get to know the owner and employees and rest easy knowing that they care about what they do. This is why starting a blogg for your small business could be a great way to advertise that personal touch. If you are interested in starting a blogg for your small business, consider these tips:
- All writing should be designed for a target audience. Whether you are writing a play or a business blog, you need to know who you want to communicate with.
- Because your blog will be a representation of your company you need to make sure that all writing is free from basic grammar and spelling errors. If you aren't the best writer have someone with good writing skills read your posts before you actually post them. You don't want your blog to backfire.
- Your customers probably like your business because it is small and personable. Make your blogg small and personable as well. Use employees first names and talk a little bit about your life. You don't want to tell your life story, but you do want to connect with the customer and their life.
- Discuss your products, but not in a pushy, salesman manner. Talk about exciting new things going on in the business such as sales and new products. Try to strike a balance between commercialism and personability.
- Try to find a way to measure the success of the blog. A business blog is not a commercial site, like your companies web site, but it should have a positive impact on your company. Your measurement could be things like total number of visitors, etc.
- Although the most important part of any blog is writing, be sure to plan the aesthetic appearance of your blog so that it is welcoming. If your company has any particular colors or a trademark associated with it use these in your blog. A well designed, professional blog will convey a hint of professionalism along with a personal aspect.
Attentively read any comments or posts made on your blog. If your customers take the time to write something you need to respond. This can be time consuming, but very good for business because it really shows that you care about the individual customer. Use the blog as a place to get good feedback on your business.
Following these tips you can develop a blog for your small business that will greatly improve company image and provide you with important information about customers. A blog can be a great way to advertise and communicate what a small business does and why it might be better than a large one. Use your blog to show why you are special and what makes you different. Also, take a look at other small business blogs to get good ideas for yours.