What can you do if you are at the end of your money and still have month left?
What can you do if you are at the end of your money and still have month left? Try one of the following:
- Get a loan. You can get a loan but the problem is that it just sets you back even more. If you borrow money to make ends meet, then you will be even further behind the next month because you will have to pay the money back. So, use this as the last resort for making ends meet when you run out of money.
- Live tight. Well, if you run out of money before the end of your month is gone, you can choose to just try not to spend money at the end of the month. You can turn your friends down when they ask if you want to go out; you can work to break bad spending habits, and you can conserve in all areas of your life.
- Eat in. If you run out of money, and you do not want to get in debt, then eat what you have at home. Even if you are tired, or you would rather go out, do you really want to make payments on a hamburger? No! So, head up some canned soup, eat it with stale bread, and be smarter about your money the following month. Work more, or ask for a raise.
- Conserve. If you run out of money before you run out of month, you have to conserve. There will probably be some expenses in the end of the month, some things you have to put on credit, such as gas for your car so you can get to work, but do not put things on your card that you do not absolutely need right now. Ask yourself what things you are willing to make payments on, and what you really can do without. Conserve electricity, don't but anything like clothes, jewelry, dessert, etc.
- Go home to mom and dad. If you run out of money before the month is through, you always have the option of crawling back to mom and dad to bum groceries, gas money, and entertainment. However, this should really only be done if you are a teen and new to the responsibility scene. If you are over 25, do not burden your parents with your lack of responsibility.
- Trade. If there is something you really need, see what you can do to get it for free by trading. For example, you may really need groceries, and your neighbor may really need a babysitter, so plan a trade. They feed you, and you watch their kids while they go out. You lend someone your car, but they have to fill it up in exchange, so they get transportation, and you get gas to get to work. The list goes on, the possibilities go on, so ask around, what can you do for someone else to help yourself get through the end of the month.
No one likes to run out of money before month, but if you are not conscious of your spending and careful, this is a very real possibility. So, should you run into this situation, learn from it. Plan better the following month, spend less on entertainment and impulse shopping. Work some extra hours so you make a little more; and learn to be a responsible adult who is not digging them self deeper and deeper into the hole of debt.