How to add value to your front yard landscaping
When many homeowners think about landscaping they instinctively focus on their backyard where they can go out and entertain and enjoy their efforts privately. However, the front of your house is where the curb appeal of your home lies and if you simply put in grass and call it a day you are missing an opportunity to add value and style to your home. There are many different options that you can add to your front yard landscaping that will have your house standing out from the rest of the neighborhood. Best of all, most of these items are affordable and can be low maintenance. Here is what you need to know about how to add value to your front yard landscaping-
• Clean it up-The first step to adding curb appeal and value to your front yard landscaping starts with cleaning it up. You should pick up any toys, junk, trash, plant debris, or anything else that may have strayed onto your front yard. This will give you a better picture of what you have (and don't have), to work with. Finally, cleaning up your front yard also means pruning, edging, and weeding. You may find after a clean up like this that you have a whole new front yard.
• Add some color-Many homeowners often overlook the role that color can play in their front yard landscape. Color is what attracts the eye and if you want your house to stand out try adding some color. You can do this in a number of different ways. However, before you paint your house bright canary yellow or fill your front yard with fuchsia colored bushes you should check out what your neighbors are doing. You want your house to stand out but not become the eyesore of the neighborhood.
• Install a walkway-You want your landscaping to welcome any visitors that come to your home. One of the best ways to do this is by adding a walkway. There are a number of different materials that you can use for walkways. From pavers that are tightly laid together to large concrete slabs, you can find a walkway that fits the style of your house and your landscaping budget. Finally, if you already do have a walkway make sure that it is safe and easy to use. You don't want anyone having to struggle to get up your walkway or worse yet having an accident on it.
• Light it up-There is no reason that your front yard landscaping has to only be visible during the day. Today, there is a multitude of different lighting options that can leave your front yard shining brightly all night long. From solar powered lights to electric ones you can pick the lighting system that works best for your yard, neighborhood, and budget. Landscaping experts stress that any electrical work should be done by a certified electrician. There is one note of caution however, you should make sure that your night lighting does not infringe on your neighbors privacy. Best of all, you can not only light up your front yard landscaping but provide your home with additional security, as well.
• Be creative-Many times homeowners feel that they can only add those creative and unique landscaping touches in their backyard. However, there is no reason that you can't put in a water feature, piece of art, or some other unique touch in your front yard landscaping. You will simply need to make sure that it fits with your overall landscaping design. In addition, landscaping experts recommend putting in only one or two creative touches in order to keep your front yard looking stylish and cohesive.