Getting over motivation blockers
It seems that no matter what we do, there will always be something to stand in our path to become motivated. Some days we have a lot of motivation and we are productive and other days we just can't seem to get that inner strength to get out of bed. When a person is motivated, they often live in a positive mindset and they are able to set goals and achieve them. The trick to motivation is that we need to teach it to ourselves instead of expecting our bodies to just do it for us.
- First of all, set some realistic goals for yourself. As you start to cross off the smaller goals from your list, it will be easier to find the motivation to go after the bigger ones.
- Second, stop comparing your accomplishments to everyone else around you. If you start thinking "she is prettier than I am" or "he is more successful that I will be", you are only going to hurt yourself. Instead take a look at the amazing things you have been able to accomplish and build upon this foundation.
- Third, quit sitting around and start doing something. Even if you are naturally shy, you need to stop being a recluse and you need to force yourself to make friends. We can all come up with a million excuses why we can't do things, but the fact of the matter is we can all accomplish anything we put our minds to.
- Fourth, make a list of your goals and the things you would like to accomplish. Break them down into their order of importance. Don't put off all the hard goals to the end, perhaps you should start with one hard goal then it will inspire you to move forward with the other goals when you get discouraged. Making a list of your priorities can help you distinguish what is truly important in life and this will help you stay motivated about all the things you need to do.
- Fifth, give yourself some time to relax and breathe. Many of us work so hard at accomplishing our daily activities that we rarely take time out for ourselves. Don't let your devotion to your job stand in the way of your family. Try to take off a day or two and go on a family vacation. Most importantly, leave your work at work and just focus on your family. Even getting away from work isn't enough for a lot of people. Try to do some things for yourself. Spend a day at the spa and get a nice massage or go to the batting cages for a couple hours. Don't lose sight of who you are and continue doing things you enjoy.
- Sixth, it is important to think positive. Although it may be hard to stay positive when you are under a great deal of stress, it is important to look on the bright side. Individuals that can remain positive even in the midst of a storm are able to inspire not only themselves but all the people around them. To help yourself think positively, use inspirational quotes. Read one each morning or when you find yourself becoming frustrated. It also helps to spend time exercising daily. Exercising releases endorphins into the blood stream. Endorphins are a natural mood enhancer so they can easily help you think positively.
- Lastly, set goals that have a reward. Even when you accomplish the little goals, you need to do things to reward yourself for your hard work. This gives you something to look forward to in the midst of hard times.