How to get motivated to make your day off productive
The following are some tips for getting motivated to make your day off productive:
1. Get up early. If you get up early and start with the productive stuff, like folding the laundry, making the bed, paying the bills, you will find that you still have a lot of day left, and not as much to do. However, if you sleep in, and then start doing stuff that needs to be done, by the time you finish, it is just time to go to bed again, and thus, your motivation to make your day off productive is gone. Why? Because when you do, you do not get to do anything else. So, start early so you can be productive and still enjoy the pleasures of life on a day off. Take a nap later in the afternoon if you are tired.
2. Make a list of things that need to be done. Often times the best motivator to get yourself into productive mode is the visual of everything that needs to be accomplished. You can write it all down, make it in priority from top to bottom, then start at the top. This list gives you a mental and visual goal to shoot for, plus a nice satisfaction with each item you finish being crossed off. You can enjoy the fact that you get to cross things off your list.
3. Make a list of what will happen if you do not get those things done. Look at the list you have. Then ask yourself how the rest of your week will go if you do not accomplish some of these things today. That alone should motivate you to make your day off productive.
4. Read your list. You will want to read your list out loud. If you read the list of consequences of un-productivity out loud, you will be much more motivated to be productive. You will not just know the consequences, but you will know them well. You will feel better if you at least know what you will be facing should you choose not to be productive on your day off.
5. So, do you want to have that happen? Do you want to lay around all day on your day off, and be stressed out on the days you do not have off, or do you want to do a little here and there on your day off, and enjoy the rest of your week more as well? It is up to you, however, most of the time, if you actually look at what will happen if you do procrastinate, and you are not productive on your day off, you will likely be more motivated not to let it happen.
6. Reward your efforts. If you want to be motivated to make your day off productive, then you have to reward yourself for your efforts, Set a goal, and set the reward that you will get if your efforts pay off. For example, say you have to clean your kitchen. You can determine if you clean your kitchen you can then take a long nap, watch a show, or go out. It is up to you what your reward will be if you follow through, and don't procrastinate but actually make your day productive.
So, get yourself motivated and make your day off as productive as possible. If not, then enjoy being stressed out the rest of the week.