The dating don'ts
Are you in the dating world? Have you struggled to make relationships work because of your neurotic behavior and other things that are causing the relationship to suffer? If you are making mistakes early on in the dating world, it will be hard to find people to date and it will be hard to build up a relationship eventually. Here are some of the dating don'ts you need to be aware of so you can have a chance at having a relationship:
1. Don't have sex on the first date or at all. Depending upon what type of relationship you want, you will find that waiting until you are married to have sex makes it more rewarding and enjoyable to you and to your partner. Individuals that have sex early on in the relationship often find that they don't get a call back or they end up heartbroken. If you are in the market for a relationship and not a one-night stand, you definitely do not want to have sex on the first date. Some people take the message that by having sex on the first date shows that the other person really likes you. However most people see it as a one-night stand and you won't ever get a phone call unless the person is ready for sex.
2. Don't sit silently. You need to work on asking questions and listening. You don't want to sit back silently and never say anything because you aren't going to build a connection this way. You need to talk and ask questions and you have to be engaging with the other person on the date in order to get a relationship working and started.
3. Don't talk about your ex. People do not want to hear all about your ex on the first date. They don't want to listen to why you broke up and all the problems you had with your other relationships. Avoid these questions until later on when they need to be brought up. If you talk about your ex on a first date, it actually shows that you still care for them and that you aren't totally over them. This can make it challenging to get a new relationship started as your whole heart isn't into it.
4. Tell the truth and don't be false. If you are lying on the first date, it will show. You don't want to give people a false impression of who you really are. Be yourself right from the front so that the people you are dating don't get invested into a fake relationship. Don't lie and be truthful because it does make the relationship easier. Being an honest person is a strong quality and the other person will respect and appreciate you for it.
5. Don't send the wrong message with the clothes you wear. If you dress scantily, you should know that your date will instantly take it the wrong way. You have to send the right message by dressing appropriately and don't pull out that "little black dress" for awhile.
6. Don't text and talk on the phone. Even if you aren't into the other person, they still deserve your attention and respect. You should never be rude and bring your phone on a date. Turn off your phone and leave it off.
7. Don't talk over the other person. If you are talking over the other person and ignoring them, it will show that you are rude and you are ignoring the other person. You need to finish listening before you start talking and sharing your opinion about things.