What do men want to hear?
Men and women want to hear different things in some cases, but sometimes they want to hear the same things. So, what do men want to hear? Try the following:
1. Compliments. Just like a woman wants to know that she looks nice, smells good, or did something well, men want to hear it too. Humans like to be complimented. It helps them feel better about themselves. It validates the thoughts they have. It gives them confidence. Do your man a favor and make a point of complimenting him.
2. They are good in the sack. Intimacy is a part of every relationship, and men often fear that they are inadequate. If their partner is not being completely satisfied every time, or is not vocal about it, they will have self-doubts. Men want to know that they are pleasing you, and that their efforts in the bedroom are paying off. Tell them that they are doing a good job.
3. That you appreciate everything they do. Men often work hard, and try to be thoughtful, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. They just want to hear that you are noticing their efforts, and that you appreciate them. No one wants to be under-appreciated.
4. Here is the remote, let's watch sports tonight. Okay, so this is a bit of a joke, but the fact is, men want to hear that you are interested in what they are interested in, and they want to know that you are going to be happy doing the things they want to do. So, making efforts to get into their favorite things, and to understand their hobbies is going to make them very happy.
5. I need you. Men want to be needed. They want to be the strong, reliable, protective one, and want to know that you do rely on them, count on them, and need them. Many women work now, have high degrees of education, etc. Men are becoming less and less a necessity as the breadwinner, etc. so help them feel needed still.
What men do not want to hear may be more relevant to your situation. Most men do not want to hear the following:
1. Criticism. Who does? The fact is, if your man comes home from work, and you lay into them about all of the things they do wrong, they are going to be less than thrilled. Constructive criticism is still criticism, so give your man a break from it for a while.
2. What they suck at. No one wants to be told that they are bad at something, so don't tell them when they are bad at something, chances are if they are bad enough for you to say so, they already know.
3. Your "girl" stuff. While they may be kind, and want to hear about stuff, etc. no one wants to hear about someone else's blood, mess, etc.